The Health Care Assistant team provide support to the doctors, nurse practitioners and practice nurses. The Health Care team are able to offer appointments for:
• Health checks/Lifestyle advice – this includes Blood Pressure checks, Cholesterol tests, Smoking Cessation advice and referral, Alcohol intake advice and referral, Diet and Weight advice and referral.
• Registration checks
• Hearing tests
• Blood pressure checks
• Glucose Tolerance Testing
• Minor Wound Care and Dressings
• Hypertension Monitoring (24 hour BP machines)
• Pregnancy Testing
• Warfarin Management – under GP supervision
• Thyroid Function Management – under GP supervision
They also act as chaperone for examinations when required and may assist the general practitioner in procedures such as minor operations and gynaecological consultations.